Easiest Key Lime Pie Recipe
Updated: Monday, May 25, 2020
What comes to mind when the Florida Keys are mentioned? Well, beautiful ocean views, prime luxury real estate and water sports, of course. But right along with those we think of that delicious slice of heaven...Key Lime Pie!
You will be hard pressed to find a general consensus on who makes the best Key Lime Pie. Everyone has their favorite. Just ask anyone in the Keys and you’re sure to spark a lively conversation on the merits of pie crust versus graham cracker. To top off or not? Whipped cream or meringue?
We think it fitting that our first article on the site be about the legendary Key Lime Pie. It’s not an article as much as a simple, but delicious and incredibly easy Key Lime Pie recipe. And please note that authentic Key Lime Pie is not green, nor should you consider dyeing it green. It is a lovely shade of yellow from the egg yolks.
· 4 large egg yolks – beaten
· 1 can sweetened condensed milk (14 oz. make sure it’s not evaporated milk, it’s not the same thing!)
· ½ cup key lime juice (yes, you may substitute lime juice but then you’ll have a Lime Pie, not a Key Lime Pie)
· 1 prepared graham cracker crust – 8 inch
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Combine first 3 ingredients and mix well. Pour into graham cracker crust.
3. Bake 15 minutes. Cool. Garnish with lime slices and serve with whipped cream if desired.
Wasn’t that easy? We thought so too. Enjoy.